Nervous about attending a Job Fair? Unsure of what to wear and what to do? Attend this Job Fair Prep workshop and we will answer your questions and guide you through a successful job fair experience.
In the month of March the Career Development and Gloria S. Williams Advisement Center holds a series of Job Fair Prep Workshops to prepare students for the spring recruitment season. These workshops teach you how to introduce yourself to recruiters with a quick 'catch phrase bio'. We also focus on your preparation for quick interviews at the table and how to dress and present yourself properly.
Make sure to look out for the Career Development and Advisement Center's job fair Opportunity Fest.
|Thur. 3/25||12:30-2:00||UC 301|
|*Combined with Job Search Strategies Workshop|
|Thur. 3/25||5:30||UC 301|
|Mon. 3/29||5:30||UC 301|
|Wed. 3/31||12:30||UC 301|
|Thur. 4/1||12:30||UC 301|
|Mon. 4/5||5:30||UC 301|
Career Fair Tips
- Review the Employer Directory Brochure for listings of companies/organizations and available openings
- Determine which employers/positions are of greatest interest to you; approach them first. If an employer is not currently recruiting for a position in your field, inquire anyway. Often you will be referred to someone else in the organization.
- Have a plan. Know what you are looking for, what you have to offer and what questions you will ask.
- Listen carefully.
- Try to generate and maintain interest by smiling and making eye contact.
- Respond truthfully, while always painting a positive picture of yourself.
- Ask for company information, application materials, and the interviewer's business card; submit a resume if you have one.
- At the end of the interview, offer a firm handshake, confirm your interest, and express your appreciation, using the interviewer's name.
- Walk away with confidence, remembering that you are still on stage. If you are interested in the position follow up by sending a thank you note.